Legionnaires Disease : another new outbreak : this time in the UK!
We regret to note that there has been a new outbreak of Legionnaire’s Disease in a leisure centre in the UK.
For prevention of Legionnaires Disease:-
Regular water testing for Legionnaires Disease should be done in order to keep Legionnaires Disease at bay.
In addition to regular water testing for legionella, you should:
– make sure hot water is stored at 60 degrees C.
– make sure water storage tanks are kept as cool as possible ie they should be lagged.
– make sure that showerheads are descaled and disinfected regularly.
– make sure that if you have any disused, or little used taps, run them at least once a week.
– make sure you keep records of temperature testing.
VERY IMPORTANT: – You should have your water system(s) tested regularly.
If you are not doing this, let us know and we will do it for you.
Please ask us for a quotation.